Saturday, October 4, 2008

Yeah.... really? THAT small thing?

So you know that key to my car that I was cursing this week...

I called the lovely dealer to get a new one thinking it would be quick and painless.

Dealer dude: "Uhh yeah you have to make an appointment with our service department, and then to replace the key it's $135 bucks, and another $85 to program the key."

Me: "What exactly am I paying $85 dollars to program a KEY to do? Magic?"

Dealer dude: "Uhhh no ma'am... just to disable the alarm and open your door.... so uhh... when can we make you an appointment?"

Me: "Seriously... I don't have $200 to spend on ONE TINY FRICKIN KEY! I'll have to get back to you when my neighbors start calling the cops on me for disturbing the peace with my alarm!"

So NOT quick, and oh SO painful!

Curse that tiny evil key!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I had this same problem with my key..however, I found a key maker that will make me a key. Check around with your local locksmiths...you may find one that will make you a new key for more than half that price...GOOD LUCK