Friday, November 14, 2008

Time out!

I have writers block or something. I have so much going on in my head it's impossible to pick ONE topic and talk, write, or contemplate for a second. What has gotten into me?

It could be the teenager who is suffering from her own self esteem issues and is making my head spin every day at the thought of her harming herself...

It could be the 4 year old who is acting out a whole lot more all of a sudden because: daddy's been at home less? Needs more attention? Needs a new calm brain? Who knows!

OR

It could be that baby thing that I love so much who is stuck to me like static cling. Seriously. I used to laugh at the stay-at-home-moms who said they didn't have time to take a shower because the baby wouldn't LET them. Uhhh... seriously SHE WON'T LET ME. I'm lucky to steal a minute to pee by myself before she comes busting through the door pulling on my legs. If you could imagine me PUSHING the shower door closed with one hand, pouring shampoo on my knee so that I can sweep it up with the other hand to put in my hair, the while the baby standing there pulling on the door SCREAMING bloody murder at me because I'm holding it shut. That was this morning in a nutshell.

Imagine taking a shower like that. Fun? Not so much. I'd rather NOT take a shower and be called the smelly mom!

I've created a monster. An I-love-my-mommy-so-much-that-I-can't-let-her-out-of-my-sight- for-a-second-MONSTER!

I know it's just a phase, but it's one that I could pretty much do without EVER AGAIN! And when is it over? Because seriously... ick.

I love my kids and all, but mommy needs a time out!

No comments: