Saturday, December 6, 2008

duuuuuuuuuuuude

Really... being broke around the holidays pretty much sucks butt. I mean, it's cool that we're teaching our kids that it's not about the presents, it's about family, and a time for reflection and love...

The truth is I REALLY want to buy my kids everything!!!! I know it's bad, but they are so good (most of the time) and short of buying them clothes throughout the year, I really never buy them anything else. D and I are really not about buying them something whenever they ask. Earning is a big deal. Deserving is even bigger. Needing is a different story, but no one in the world NEEDS a laptop or that Bratz Magic Hair Color doll ( here) that we asked Santa for.

I'm still going to surprise D and the kids with one giant gift that no one is expecting... and dang it I'll feel better! Until D finds the credit card bill....

So does this mean if Bratz don't show up on Christmas morning, my 4 year old is going to think Santa is all talk? We shall see...

1 comment:

Giddy. said...

sooooo? what was the gift?