Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yay for D!

So proud of my husband. D was officially sworn in last night. He got a nifty little badge that I got to pin on his very expensive Class A jacket. haha. He was so cute. The whole family came. My parents, his parents, siblings, kids and all. It was wonderful.

He was so nervous before the ceremony that I thought he might pee or something. He couldn't find his badges (left them at his station) then he had the wrong hat, got a patch sewn on his jacket that wasn't supposed to be there, but he was such a good sport. Grinned and bared it! The guys in the department are seriously WONDERFUL. They are all so friendly and welcoming, and their wives and families are awesome. It's a perfect fit for D, and us. He absolutley loves it!

It's taken him such a long time to achieve his dream and I could not be happier for him. He's so supportive of everything I want to do, I hope I haven't been too much of a pain in the ass. Being a firefighter's wife is freakin fantastic. He's an incredible guy. I absolutley adore him. I am very proud.

No comments: