Thursday, June 2, 2011

This stuff shakes my core...


I'll admit, I'm a total fraidy-cat. I was NEVER EVER EVER afraid of anything before D got hired as a firefighter. It brought out every anxiety driven painful awful gut wrenching fear in my gut that I never even knew I had. I will no longer fly because I'm so afraid that I might die, and then the girls will be left with daddy, and WHAT IF HE DIES?!?! I'm pretty sure there's a pill for this (enter Prozac) but I'm trying to figure out how to overcome it without the happy pills.

And then there's days like these, where all my fears push and pull and tear at my heart and my soul and reaffirm my anxiety. And it sucks.

There are no words to describe the pain that I feel for this family that lost their brother today. No words. The family at SFFD, and the firefighter's family. An awful tragedy. Awful.

Rest In Peace Brother.

No comments: