Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Must I....

Why oh why is it so hard for me to sleep when D is at work? I'm sitting here watching a horribly disgusting KFC commercial thinking... ew. ew. ew. I could be sleeping. But I'm not! Must pull self off couch.

But first: Random thoughts!

We finally found a window company! Yipee! Did I mention how high our PG&E bill has been? Not to mention that it's arctic in our house! Combination crappy Montgomery Ward single pained windows meets 30 year old pool pump. One disaster waiting to happen. The pump is covered under warranty, so we're really hoping it blows up soon. But the windows, oh the lovely aluminum framed, condensation loving single pained beauties. Gosh, I hate them. D and I decided that would be the first thing we did when we got a little $$. Although we'll still have to finance a portion of it, our tax return will cover about half of the cost. PLUS, the window guys also do shutters, so we get shutters for the front two windows, and coverings for the kitchen all for the same price as two crazy other companies wanted just for the windows! SCORE! I am very happy. I can't wait to have dual insulation!

So in about 4-6 weeks we will have new windows. And then 2-3 weeks after that we will have our wonderful shutters in the front and honeycombs in the kitchen! Yay!

And hopefully... I won't feel like I live in a walk in fridge anymore.

No comments: