Sunday, June 1, 2008

Get sick much?

Yeah. That was me. I was THAT girl. The super intoxicated, loud, obnoxious, oblivious, moron on Friday night. I mean, I WAS HILARIOUS! FFP said I was the hit of the party. Too bad I don't remember much after the second bar.

It got me thinking. I'm WAY too old to be acting like a 21 year old idiot. I mean, I could NOT stop myself! Maybe it was the people we were with, or the fact that I haven't been out drinking in two months. It was the first time I had gone to a bar with my sister in law. Maybe I was trying to be cool! Maybe it was the fact that I was a little uncomfortable with the crowd of wives of the guys I went to highschool with. They all flock together and I'm the one that comes out with their husbands. I TRIED to be nice, but drunk nice... well you know how that goes. They were all talking under their breath after I came over to give a big group hug in my drunken stupor. I was awesome!

And most likely I was the talk of their Saturday morning! Their husbands all rolling their eyes like, yep, that's Audra for ya! She's a hoot!

I got a lot of "How are you feeling" texts Saturday morning. And I got "Everyone loved your presence last night!" Yeah, everyone loved the free drunk entertainment known as Audra the vodka cranberry girl! I was SPECIAL!!!

I threw up. In a planter box. I'm 28 years old! WTH was I doing???? I have never gotten sick from drinking IN MY LIFE! It was so not cool waking up on the floor at 4AM to try to crawl in my bed. FFP tried to get me up but I apparently told him that I wanted to sleep with my friend, the toilet! I vowed to FFP that if he ever let me drink that much again, I'd kill him! He said I was so awesome he didn't want me to stop. OK, after the two shots of patron mixed with the vodka... a man has to step in and cut off the wife! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few good points of the evening:

1. I got to see a totally different side of sis-in-law. Man she was awesome! It was one of those bonding moments... inhibited by alcohol! Thanks Vodka for making that happen!

2. I got to see my Nick! I miss that guy, and I'm going to miss his butt when he's in Denver. Good luck buddy. I love you!!

I promise I will never, ever, ever, EVER drink like that again.... at least I'll try really really hard!

No comments: